Thursday, May 10, 2007

In hiding behind enemy lines and a true story on hooliganism


Hello there!

Last night was amazing, interesting and a bit scary. I guess you can say I got to experience good and evil at a professional soccer game!

Let me start from the beginning. Sad not being able to either see Brøndby-FCK live at the stadium or on TV with a friend, Gorm proved to be my savior when he called me up tuesday afternoon offering me an extra ticket to the game at Brøndby Stadium where FCK could clinch their 6th danish title.

It didn't take long to accept his offer, but what I didn't know was where I would be sitting. So I went to the game with Gorm and Jim, both Brøndby supporters! Outside the stadium after finishing my 3rd beer they asked if we should enter the stadium: "Oh by the way Henrik, we're standing on the Faxe stand!". "WHAT?????", I replied. Yep, they screwed me up big time, I realized that this was going to be quite a different experience for me. So we entered, and there I was in the middle of 5.000 hardcore Brøndby fans. The game started, and FCK had control from the beginnig, however I realized where I was and kept my thoughts about the whole thing to myself. No FCK singing this time. However Gorm and Jim made sure I knew all about their passion for their team, including their hatred for my team.... 32 min into the game, Gravgaard jumps and heads the ball cross to Allback who scores!!!! 1-0!!! The adrenaline in my body was pumping, the Faxe stand was all of a sudden very quiet, and I went down on my knees, showed my fist in my mouth and bit the living shit out of it....I really had to maintain control, cause I'm sure those 5.000 bastards would like to kick some ass, and I am positive I was about the only FCK supporter on that whole stand! The rest of the game is history, let's just say congratulations FCK!!!! The more beer, the harder it was to keep quiet out of my own safety, but I managed and survived 90 min behind enemy lines, and I am sure no one had a clue the enemy was standing right next to them. Today would be a great day to watch Platoon!

Oh well, after the game as we exited the stadium, I heard a very loud bang, I turned and looked: "Hurry, they're right aroud the corner!" and about 100 Brøndby hooligans ran towards us, I quickly stepped aside, and realized how frustrated and pissed off they were, I thought to myself: *This is insane, and then what a good thing I left my FCK jersey in the closet at home....". I don't know how the incident ended, but I do know that hooliganism is very well alive in DK - unfortunately.

So here I am today, with a tiny headache, BT and EkstraBladet (two Danish newspapers), reading all about the game and enjoying the pics from last night, I'll suggest you do the same by clicking here

1 comment:

Nick Jimenez Ruiz said...

Hi my friend. Well congratulations to both of us. I celebrated the victory and the championship in Queenstown, New Zeeland. NICE VICTORY